Limestone is a sedimentary rock that consists of different forms of calcium carbonate and skeletal fragments of marine life. The stone is formed, primarily in shallow marine or fresh water, in various places around the world. Like marble, limestone is softer than granite and requires extra care to be taken to maintain the stone.
Download our Brochure
Limestone Flooring is a popular choice for both indoor and outdoor applications. Its natural beauty and durability make it an ideal material for a wide range of settings, from high-traffic areas to more delicate, intimate spaces.
1. Consider the climate where the limestone tiles will be installed. Limestone is a natural stone that is porous and can be sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity. If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, it is important to choose a type of limestone that is suitable for your climate. For example, some types of limestone floor tiles are better suited for cold climates while others are more resistant to heat.
2. Think about the intended use of the space where the flooring will be installed. If you are looking for flooring for a high-traffic area, you will want to choose a harder, more durable type of limestone. Softer types of limestone tiles are better suited for areas that will see less foot traffic.
3. Determine the level of maintenance you are willing to do. Some types of limestone tiles require more care and maintenance than others. If you do not want to have to regularly seal or polish your flooring, choose a type of limestone that is low maintenance.
4. Choose the right colour. The colour of limestone you select will depend on your personal preferences and the overall design scheme of the space. Keep in mind that lighter colours of limestone can show dirt and stains more easily than darker colours.
5. Consider the size of the tiles. Limestone flooring is available in a variety of sizes. Choose the size that is best suited for the space where it will be installed. Large format tiles are best for high-traffic areas while smaller tiles are better suited for intimate spaces.
Stone Connection is a leading retailer of limestone flooring and other natural stone tiles and products. We offer a wide selection of products to suit any need or budget. Our team of experts is always available to help you select the best product for your project.
Benefits of Limestone Flooring Tiles.
There are many benefits that come with choosing limestone flooring tiles for your home. First, limestone is a very strong and durable material. It is able to withstand a lot of wear and tear, making it ideal for high-traffic areas in your home. Second, limestone is a natural material that is easy to clean and maintain. Third, limestone is available in a wide range of colours and styles, so you can easily find the perfect match for your home’s décor.
Limestone flooring tiles are a great choice for any home. With their beauty, durability, and easy maintenance, they offer everything you could want in flooring. Contact Stone Connection today to learn more about our selection of limestone flooring tiles.